This treatment is a safe, non-surgical solution for tightening and thickening your skin. Mono Threads differ from thread lifts which use long barbed threads to lift tissues, however they can still provide an improvement of fine lines and wrinkles by gradually stimulating natural collagen production.
Matrix Mono Threads
Mono Threads are made from a material called Polydioxanone which is an absorbable polymer that is flexible and durable. Matrix PDO Threads induce production of collagen, creating a tightening effect for 6 to 12 months after your procedure. The threads become a support structure for your face, allowing natural collagen production to take place, over time the PDO will be fully absorbed by the body. Matrix Mono Threads come in a variety of textures.
Matrix Mono Threads are a type of single PDO filament. These threads are smooth and made without barbs which are minimally invasive. Many times, Matrix Mono Threads are inserted into the skin in a mesh-like pattern to achieve maximum tightening effects. Following a topical anaesthetic, Matrix PDO Threads will be inserted using a micro-needle or cannula.
After entering the skin, the threads activate collagen synthesis for a gradual skin tightening and skin rejuvenation effect. While Matrix Mono Threads tighten the skin, they do not significantly lift it. These skin tightening treatments can be used to rejuvenate collagen treating neck sagging, forehead lines, and facial wrinkles. The threads can also add volume to the cheeks and an average of 10 to 30 Matrix Mono Threads is typically used for each individual treatment area.
The procedure will be conducted by one of our fully trained ALS medical professionals and typically takes between 30 to 60 minutes.
Matrix Double Screw Threads
Australian Laser & Skin also offer Matrix Double Screw treatments. Matrix Screw Threads have 1–2 intertwined threads which provide volume to the treated area. We recommend this treatment for patients who only desire skin tightening and rejuvenation.
These skin tightening treatments have become a widely popular option for rejuvenating collagen treating neck sagging, forehead lines, and facial wrinkles. The threads can also add volume to the cheeks. An average of 10 to 30 Matrix Mono Threads is typically used for each individual treatment area.
The treatment is a very customized procedure, and your ALS healthcare professional will work closely with you in order to achieve optimal results. It’s also worth noting is that Matrix PDO Thread treatments don’t involve any sort of incision, meaning stitches are not required.
Mono threads are a great option for both men and women looking to tighten the following areas:
Upper and lower cheeks; Forehead and brows; Neck and jawline; Nose to mouth line; Marionette lines; Arms; Buttocks; Abdomen.
They also offer an alternative where current treatments are limited, patients meet an exclusion criteria or safety is of concern in a high risk area.
You will begin to see results within six weeks of your treatment. These results will continue to improve over the next 2–6 months as new collagen is produced.
Matrix Mono Threads help to create new collagen that supports your face and creates a tightening effect that lasts 6–12 months after your treatment. The results vary depending on lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol, exercise etc.
It is recommended to have another Matrix Mono Thread treatment six months after the initial treatment to maintain the tightening effects.
Topical anaesthetic will be applied before the Matrix Mono Thread treatment, so you experience minimal discomfort during the procedure.
You may experience a firm feeling and some tenderness in the area that has been treated for a few days after the procedure.
The time of the treatment will vary based on factors, such as the size of the area being treated, but will typically take anywhere between 30–60 minutes.
A Matrix Mono Thread treatment may produce swelling and bruising in the area that has been treated, which will subside after a few days.
It is important that you follow these care instructions carefully to ensure the best possible results. Ask your practitioner if you have any questions.
• Avoid Alcohol and smoking.
• Schedule procedure at least one week prior to a special occasion or event.
• Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication (consult Doctor prior, if necessary).
• Avoid treatment if you have active infections in the treatment area.
• Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. After that, apply your makeup gently for five days.
• When applying makeup, do not use brushes / sponges for two days due to cleanliness of the brush / sponge.
• Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for one week to ensure cleanliness.
• Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment.
• Bruising is to be expected, but can be variable from minimal to severe. Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to assist in resolution.
• Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights.
• Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks.
• There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week.
• If you experience a ‘ping’ sensation where the threads have been placed, massage for 2–3 seconds.
• Avoid strenuous contact sports for three weeks.
• Avoid exaggerated facial movements like chewing, talking or yawning for three weeks. You may move your face in a normal fashion.
• No dental surgery for four weeks.
• Avoid saunas or heat treatments for three weeks.
• Do not have heat treatments (RF / Laser) in the area of the threads for three months.
• In the very rare instance that you experience any thread extrusion after your treatment, simply pull the thread out and disregard.
Results can be expected in 8–12 weeks.
At Australian Laser & Skin Clinics we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional Red Carpet Service and are committed to exceeding your expectations. We believe that your care, comfort and safety are of the utmost importance.
You are at the heart of everything we do!
Your complete satisfaction is our calling and is at the forefront of our principles. Our mission is to deliver these values to you throughout every experience with us.
Receive latest promotions, exclusive offers, updates and $10 VOUCHER when you sign up